Monday, October 27, 2008

A New Gastronomic Adventure

Well, My wonderful husband has decided he is going to do a 28 day detox program recommended by his chiropractor. It involves taking some supplements and a special diet. Basically he can not have any dairy, soy, eggs, gluten, coffee, peanuts, alcohol, soda, or any condiments (ketchup, salsa, mustard...). This first week he can have any veggies except corn, any fruit, oatmeal, chicken, turkey, fish, beans, rice products (milk, cereal, etc...), herbal tea, and a handful of other health food products (tahini, Quinoa, etc...). So last night I spent a few hours making some things for him to take to lunch, a veggie chili and a black bean salad. Today I am making him a minestrone soup and a bean/quinoa salad. I figure I will just make whatever he can eat for dinner, so I am going to be on the look out for spice rubs for chicken and new ways to cook salmon. Next week though will be a different story, it is the "fast" week so he can't have any meat or starches, it will be all rabbit food for him!. I will post about how it goes for him over the next few weeks, and maybe share some of the better recipes. :-)

No comments: