Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Product recommendation

I have 2 product recommendations. They both stem from the fact that I have to hand wash all our dishes, since we have no dishwasher. It is usually a 20 minute task everyday, which may not sound like much, but to find the time to stay in one place for 20 minutes with 3 kids running around is usually a miracle. So, anything that lessens that task is welcome in my house.

The first thing I recommend, and it may sound silly, is parchment paper. Seriously, this stuff is my new best friend. Nothing, and I mean, nothing sticks to it. I line every backing sheet I have with it and never have to wash them. I have made cookies, roasted potatoes, and now pumpkins seeds on it.

Second, recommendation is silicon bakeware. It took me forever to finally break down and buy it, since I already had the regular stuff and saw it as an "extra" I couldn't justify. Well, it seriously is wonderful! I have small silicon loaf pans, and have made bread and meatloaf in them and NOTHING sticks. And all you have to do, like if you are making bread, is turn the things inside out, and pop, out it comes.

So, there you have it, my humble opinion on two, must haves for any kitchen. Basic things maybe, but they will save you a lot of time and frustration.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh, cool. I was wondering if those silicon things were any good! :)