Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Recipe of the Day

So last night was fall comfort food night as I knew we would be up late watching the returns (I refuse to go into politics, but lets just say I was thrilled in the end and my hubby wants to move to Canada, LOL). So, I put a pork roast in the crock pot ( a 3lb roast, covered with a mix of 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup cinnamon applesauce, 1/4 cup water and 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger cooked for 7 hours), I made my pumpkin apple muffins, and homemade creamed corn. This creamed corn isn't totally like the canned variety, it isn't all mushy, the kernals are still whole, but it is thick and rich and oh so yummy.

Creamed Corn:

Ingredients:

2 10oz packages frozen corn kernals, thawed
1 cup heavy cream (it really needs to be heavy cream)
1 tsp salt
2 tbls sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbls butter
1 cup whole milk
2 tbls flour (or I use cornstarch)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)

Directions:

In a skillet over medium heat combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper, and butter. Cook it all until the butter is melted. Whisk together the milk and flour (or cornstarch) and stir into the corn mixture. Cook stiring over medium heat until the mixture is thickened and the corn is cooked through. Removed from the heat and stir in Parmesean cheese.


This is not a recipe for anyone on a diet, but damn is it good!!

No comments: