Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Recipe of the Day

So, I am finally back here to post! For today's recipe I chose a new waffle recipe I made on sunday morning. I know, there are like 100 million waffle recipes out there, but these really were very good. They puffed up in the waffle maker nicely and were crisp on the outside andsoft on the inside. Plus they lend them selves to any variation you want. I added some cinnamon and nutmeg to mine.

Waffles

Ingedients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsps baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbls sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
6 tbls veggie oil
2 eggs, seperated.

Directions:
preheat waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt (or just stir it together like I did). Stir in milk, oil, and egg yoks until mixture is smooth. In a seperate bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into batter. Then cook per manufacturer's directions in your waffle maker. This recipe makes about 6 large waffles.

No comments: