Sunday, November 16, 2008

Recipe of the Day

So, friday was my husband and I's 5th anniversary. (Yay for us) And he decided to stay home from work, since friday is his flex day. So, I decided to make him his favorite breakfast, biscuits and sausage gravy. There was just one problem, I can't make rolled biscuits to save my life! So, desperately I searched until I found this recipe. It was too easy to be true I thought, but sure enough it turned out AWESOME biscuits!! They rose wonderfully, and were soft yummy. Go ahead, see for yourself. :-)

Quick Biscuits

Ingredients:

2 Cups self-rising flour (or 2 cups all-purpose flour and 1tbls baking powder and 1tsp salt)
1 cup heavy cream
(Yes that really is it!)

Directions:

In a large bowl combine the flour and cream. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until it all comes together and is no longer sticky (it only took me less than a minute of kneading). Then roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into 3 inch biscuits (use a biscuit cutter or a floured drinking glass). Place on a greased baking sheet (or use parchment paper) and bake at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. They will NOT be brown on top since there is no butter in them, but they will be done.

I think they are supper tasty as is, but if you want you can brush the tops of each biscuit with butter before you bake them (just watch them to make sure they don't burn). These are great with dinner or as breakfast. Enjoy!

No comments: